The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a Request For Information (RFI) on Reducing Administrative Burden to Put Patients over Paperwork.
CMS is trying to reduce the burden in the areas of:
• Streamlining CMS reporting and documentation requirements;
• Aligning coding and documentation requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, and other payers;
• Enabling data sharing to support clinician-patient relationships;
• Improving accessibility of CMS requirements for quality reporting, coverage, or prior authorization;
• Addressing policies and requirements that are overly burdensome for those in a rural setting;
• Simplifying policies and requirements for dually enrolled (i.e., Medicare and Medicaid) beneficiaries;
• Simplifying beneficiary enrollment and eligibility determination; and
• Improving CMS processes for issuing regulations and policies.
The deadline for submitting comments is August 12, 2019.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.